You Will Drink Water After Reading This
The average adult human body is 50-65% water, averaging around 57-60% and a consistent drop in this level will lead to dehydration that will trigger other conditions.
Increased thirst, dry mouth, swollen tongue, weakness, dizziness, palpitations (feeling that the heart is jumping or pounding), confusion, sluggishness and fainting are some symptoms of dehydration.
Regular water intake is one thing that the World Health Organization has consistently promoted since the World Water Day - March 22 -was set by the United Nations in 1993.
To mark this year's Water Day, a general physician and Medical Director, Liberty-Life Hospital, Ogudu, Lagos, Dr Tosin Olowojebutu and a Dietitian with the StaMed Nutritional and Health Services in Alimosho, Lagos, Dr Ayodeji Abdulrasheed, told the News Agency of Nigeria that water intake could cure several ailments that people have had difficulties treating.
1. Water can flush out toxin through urination. If you need to detoxify, one solution you can trust is water.
2. It regulates body temperature - with the level of heat and humidity, heat stress could be averted.
3. Lubricate and cushion joints.
4. Help Watch weight,as it suppress cravings for food with high calorie.
5. Reduce risk of several forms of cancer - Colon, bladder and breast cancer - by 50%.
6. Improves gastrointestinal tract.
7. Prevents constipation and helps digestion.
The dietitian says taking a glass of water before bed time will nourish your body. It will also help you fight heart attack that could occur while you sleep.