Yobe School Girls Rescue Claim Is A Lie
Who is lying to Nigerians?
The fate of the abducted Yobe school girls appears to be getting tied to the cord of the missing Chibok school girls.
After news spread that some secondary school girls abducted by Boko Haram few days ago in Yobe have been rescued, parents of the missing girls waited with great hope of seeing that children.
Their hope, however, waned when the Governor of the State, Ibrahim Gaidam, visited.
Parents and guardians of the missing schoolgirls in Government Girls Technical College Dapchi, Yobe, broke down into tears when Governor Ibrahim Gaidam visited them without saying a word on the whereabouts of the girls.
Addressing the parents at the District Head’s palace in Dapchi on Thursday, the governor urged them to remain faithful and hopeful, as security operatives were still searching for the girls.
He said: “Soldiers have been pursuing the insurgents, although they receive information that the Boko Haram insurgents had passed some areas, but the communities in the areas said they did not spot the girls along with the insurgents".
He assured them that the government and security operatives would not rest on their oars until the missing girls were accounted for.
Their anticipation was replaced with tears, as they wept profusely after earlier news that the girls were rescued turned out to be false.
The Yobe Government on Wednesday issued a statement claiming that some of the missing girls had been rescued.
The girls were abducted on February 19 from their school in Dapchi, Yobe State.
Initial reports said the Boko Haram insurgents were only after food, as they only visited the school's food store room.
This is coming nearly four years after some 200 girls were abducted from a secondary school in Chibok, Borno State.
Over 70 of the girls are believed to be in the custody of Boko Haram terrorists still.