The spate of fire outbreaks in Akure, the Ondo state capital is alarming.

Could the god of fire be angry with the state capital taking account of the recent disaster that visited the sunshine city?

But what is more disheartening is the inability of state authorities especially the Fire Department to respond swiftly to emergency calls.

Over the weekend, two children of the same parents, Itunu and Damilare Omolere were burnt to ashes at their resident in Edo Lodge, Akure.

It was learnt that parents of the children were not in the house when the incident occurred and efforts by sympathisers to rescue them failed.

There are claims that neighbours, who reportedly went to the Ondo State Fire Brigade's office, got the usual answer of no water and fuel to move fire-fighting vehicles to the scene of the incident.

Also read: 3 Quick Steps To Get New BOUNCE FOOTBALL Feature

One of the neighbours who went to the fire brigade office, Kole Akinyemi broke down in tears as he expressed his disappointment.

"It was a horrible experience. After pleading and promising that I would personally take cake of whatever expenses they incure just to secure the lives of those innocent kids, they insisted they didn't have water to fight it even if they managed to get to the scene.

"We are obviously living in a terrible world and our government at all levels are totally irresponsible. I now believe we don't have a government in Ondo State."

The incident had provoked the youth around the area to protest against the insensitivity of government to the people and callousness of the state fire fighters.

It was gathered that the fire may have been caused by a candle that was left on the table by their sister before she left the house.

The incident occurred less than 24 hours after about 100 locked up shops and millions of naira worth commodities were destroyed in the town.

Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.

ALSO WATCH: Nigeria Vs Argentina | See What Nigerians Are Saying About Exit From World Cup 2018