'We Did Not Deduct UTME Candidates' Marks' - JAMB
Rumours of mark deduction, apparently triggered by candidate's poor performance in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), has been dismissed by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
"The claims are false, devilish and a ploy to cause disaffection among candidates who participated in the 2017 UTME", the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board says.
The Head of JAMB's Information and Media Unit, Fabian Benjamin, denied the reports in a statement in Abuja on Friday.
“It is no longer news that all our centres have CCTV camera and we have watched all proceedings at the Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the nation.
“Those involved in any infraction will be sanctioned in accordance with the provision of the Examination Malpractice Act.
“The board has not deducted any marks from any candidate and is not contemplating doing that as it is not a condition for sanction in any of the provisions of the law against malpractice.
“Again, we call on all candidates to be mindful of fraudulent characters who will send misleading information to create panic and take advantage of the situation to defraud them,” the statement read.
Benjamin said that the examinations had so far been conducted for 1,698,835 candidates and that the remaining 19,950 would sit for the examination on Saturday, May 20.
The board would conclude the ongoing examination on Saturday, May 20, and examination results were being released for candidates to check, except on Friday and Saturday.
Benjamin said that reports that candidates could not check their results because they owed JAMB some money, is also false.
He advised candidates not to pay any money to anyone as their results have already been sent to their mails and pasted on the JAMB website: http://www.jamb.org.ng
Benjamin advised candidates to login to check the result with their registration number or with email address to print