Two UNILAG Students Die In Hotel Inferno
Two female students of the University of Lagos have died in a midnight fire at a Lagos hotel.
The victims – Roli Odogwu, a 200-Level Mass Communication student, and Linda Elegeonye, a 300-Level Law student – reportedly died of burns, days after they were trapped in the hotel room where they were guests.
The students until their death were residents of Fagunwa Hall.
It was gathered that that the duo left the campus penultimate Monday to attend an evening event off-campus.
They reportedly lodged in the hotel to pass the night when it dawned on them that they could not return to the campus late in the night.
The victims were asleep when the inferno started from a faulty air conditioner.
It was learnt that the victims were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room.
The victims sustained first-degree burns and were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital.
Roli reportedly died around 4am on Saturday and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba.
The other victim, Linda, who had been in coma for six days, also passed on Sunday,