TRAGEDY! 6 Wedding Guests Electrocuted
This was supposed to be a celebration, but it has turned into mourning, no thanks to negligence.
They had hired a bus to convey them to a wedding party in the eastern Indian state of Bihar, but six of them never lived to witness the party.
They were electrocuted when a live high-tension power wire fell on top of the bus conveying them to the wedding.
“The freak incident took place in Chennari area of the state’s Rohtas district late Tuesday night when a live high-tension power wire fell on a group of people sitting on top of a bus,” a police official said.
The official said the bus was ferrying people to a marriage function when the mishap happened.
He said the victims have been admitted to a local hospital, where the condition of two are said to be serious.
“The bus driver has been booked for allowing people to sit on the roof of the vehicle and carrying more than its loaded capacity,” the official said.
He added that a probe has been ordered into the incident.
FOR MORE FRESH STORIES, DOWNLOAD BOUNCE NEWS APP HERE
WATCH: Nigerians speak about Buhari's second term plan