Mrs. Nwafor Ngozi was busy doing some domestic chores at the backyard.

Suddenly, her children raised alarm of a fire outbreak in their one room apartment located at Chinedu Edest area in Abakaliki Local Government Area, Ebonyi State.

She defiled common sense, the fumes billowing from the room and dived in to save her baby.

One-year old baby, Chetachi and her siblings were said to be lying down on the mattress in the room when they discovered to their chagrin the fire burning around the infant.

"I summoned courage and ran inside where my daughter was sitting and crying while the fire was burning around her.

"I picked her up and ran out before the fire burnt all our property in the room.

"I thank God for saving her life and my family because we did not lose anyone.

"It was by the grace of God. If the devil had made my children to sleep off, the story would have been different”, Mrs. Nwafor said.

The fire was said to have started from the area where the baby was lying but the child was not affected.

Also read: 3 Quick Steps To Get New BOUNCE FOOTBALL Feature

Bounce News gathered that the fire burnt everything in the room. Some of the property destroyed include mattress, refrigerator, reading table, clothing, seats and other valuables.

Sympathizers thronged the area to empathize with the Nwafors.

“I asked my children to go and sleep but they did not know when my one year old baby collected matches from my shop.

“Suddenly, one of the siblings ran out to tell me that Chatachi had lit the match. Immediately my neighbours started raising alarm. I rushed to the room and it was filled with smoke.


ALSO WATCH: Russia 2018: Croatia 2 - 0 Nigeria | How It All Happened Plus Reactions