STRANGE FIRE! Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed In Lagos
Some shop owners in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State woke on Wednesday looking forward to a profitable day.
Little did they know that fate had other plans for them.
A mysterious fire outbreak burnt their shops and destroyed goods said to worth millions of naira.
It was gathered that the fire, which gutted four shops, started around 2am on Wednesday.
The fire was allegedly caused by an electrical spark inside one of the shops on Beach Road, opposite Ikorodu General Hospital, Lagos.
An eyewitness, Olamide Ojuope, said the fire occurred after he and his friends returned from an outing.
WATCH TONY AND JONA ON BOUNCE WEEK ROUND
He said, “We were sleeping when some security guards started banging at the door. When we rushed out, I saw the fire burning inside the shops, but no one could break into the shops. We called the state fire service, which put out the fire.”
One of the owners of the burnt shops, Biodun Odukoya, said he received a call about the fire from a doctor at the general hospital.
The Public Affairs Officer, Lagos State Fire Service, Bola Ajao, said the fire service responded immediately it got a distress call.
She said, “We received the call around 3.56am. The Ikorodu station responded immediately. They later called for reinforcement around 4.10am, and our Alausa station joined them.
“The aggravation of the fire could be because the residents delayed in calling the fire service. We later put out the fire.”
Please share this story with your family and friends
ALSO WATCH - SHAYI-SHAYI GANG: THE SHOCKING CONFESSIONS OF DRUG ADDICTS IN KANO