Sponsored: Peak Milk Celebrates World Milk Day
11:16am - Cooking contest begins. These children are focused on getting it right the first time.
10:58am - Managing director of Friesland Wamco Nigeria Mr. Ben Lagnat in a welcome address said over 500 schools participated in the contest before the final 10 were selected for today's grand finale.
Here are some BENEFITS of taking milk everyday.
1. Glowing Skin - Cleopatra took milk baths to help her skin stay soft, supple and glowing. You can do the same, or you can drink a few glasses of whole milk each day to get its benefits.
2. Healthy Bones and Teeth - Milk is a great source of calcium, which is essential for healthy bones.
3. Build Muscles - Milk contains protein, which helps to rebuild muscles.
4. Weight Loss - Studies show that women who drink low-fat or skim milk lose more weight than those who exclude milk from their diet.
5. Reduce Stress - Milk is a great way to de-stress at the end of the day. A glass of warm milk will help to relax tense muscles.
10:32am - Some judges and senior executive members of the Peak Milk management team on the table for distinguished guests.
10:24am - Representatives of Friesland Wamco makers of Peak Milk taking photos with the contestants. They look proud to be hosts of a well attended event.
Peak Milk has been in existence for over 60 years bringing nourishment and vitality to Nigerian children. They have also invested significantly in several CSR initiatives aimed at supporting the development of children and communities across Nigeria.
10:17am - The hall is full and its shows time!!! May the best team win.
10:03am - Some competing school are ready for the contest. They have arranged their cooking utensils and look set for action!
9:53am - Well attended event, guests and students are seated while they are being served the best Milk and good music.
8:44am - More schools are arriving while others are setting up for their experiment which would be on display.
8:30am - It's also the Pecadomo Nutrition Contest. 10 schools will be competing for the ultimate prize. The rest have been invited to learn about the importance of Milk to our daily growth.
8:15am - Students and pupils from various schools are arriving at the venue.
Join in on #worldmilkday
8:01am Students arriving and lining up at the entrance of the venue LTV8 Premises in Agidingbi