See Who Was Behind Dino Melaye’s Recall 'Wahala'
The controversial and embattled lawmaker, Dino Melaye’s recall failed.
But guess who was behind the recall ordeal?
They were some ghosts.
This is according to the chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Kogi, Alhaji Haddy Ametuo.
Ametuo, who stated this in a statement issued in Lokoja on Sunday on the botched recall process, expressed delight that the efforts had come to a premature end through the collective will of the people of Kogi West Senatorial District.
“Melaye, the only senator our party has in Kogi State, won with 94.66% leaving the remaining 5.34% to the petitioners.
Also Read: 2019: Get Set To Sack Buhari, Obasanjo Tells ‘Third Force’ Members
“The messages are very clear; that Sen. Melaye is the most popular senator ever produced by Kogi West,” the statement said.
According to the chairman, this is a sign of what to expect in the 2019 general elections.
“No amount of financial inducement and coercion will change the will of the people of Kogi State in future elections,” he said.
The APC Chairman commended the high level of neutrality and transparency displayed by the Independent National Electoral Commission and other stakeholders throughout the exercise.
“It gives us high optimism that future elections will be very free and fair. INEC therefore deserves commendations for the job well done,” he said.
Ametuo called on the petitioners and Melaye as well as his followers to embrace peace and heed the voice of God “because the voice of the people is the voice of God”.
Also Watch: Miracle wins BBNaija! Abuja - Daura by road, straight!