An iPad exploded at the Apple Store in Amsterdam, Netherlands on Sunday because of an overheated battery, reports Dutch outlet, AT5.

Thankfully, no one was injured, although three people at the store were treated for respiratory problems after the incident.

It’s unclear if the tablet burst into the flames. However, Apple staff at the store were quick to place the device in a container filled with sand.

Also Read: Apple To Make 20% Fewer New Model iPhones In 2018

The iPad is said to have continued to emit vapours of some irritating substance, which affected three people there.



The store was evacuated when the city’s fire brigade arrived on the scene. Business resumed later, and customers were allowed back in.

This is not the first time a major original equipment manufacturer is having its devices explode.

In 2016, Samsung smartphone maker had similar challenge with its flagship Galaxy Note 7.

Samsung later issued a report that based on the company's own investigation and independent scientific analysis of the issues, the overheating was caused by separate problems in batteries sourced from two different suppliers.

Don't forget to share this story with your friends