SAD: APC Member Electrocuted In Lagos Flood
The disastrous effects of Saturday's downpour is still being felt across Lagos and other states.
That day is one the Ajikanle family will find very difficult to forget as their breadwinner, Lateef, was snatched away by death.
The father of four returned home after prayers in a mosque to meet his compound on Bolaji Omupo Street, Somolu.
The flood was worsened by the rubble of a collapsed fence owned by a poultry farmer on an adjoining street, Lisabi Street.
The Oyo State indigene waded through the flood. He was reportedly picking rubbish in the water when he got electrocuted.
A neighbour, who attempted to rescue him was also reportedly electrocuted, but escaped death by whiskers.
Officials of the Ikeja Electric, Onipanu Business District, were said to have been alerted to the incident.
After power was disconnected from the community, Lateef, who also worked with the State Universal Basic Education Board, was reportedly rushed to a general hospital where he was confirmed dead.
His younger sister, Monsuru Ajikanle, said that the 50-year-old was preparing to participate in the last Saturday’s local government election when tragedy struck.