The presidency has said that the information contained in tweets by a journalist, Ahmed Salkida, about Chibok girls is not known to the officials of the administration.

Salkida is believed to have access to Boko Haram, the terror group that kidnapped about 217 girls from their school in GSS Chibok in 2014.

While many of the girls were released through negotiations, a few escaped from captivity.

However, about 113 of them are still believed to be with Boko Haram.

But Salkida, in a series of tweets Saturday, which marked the fourth anniversary of the abduction of the girls said only 15 were still alive.

He said sources within the group told him the others died mostly during military operations by government forces.

ALSO READ: 'Igbos Will Reject Vice President Slot From Any Party'

The government, responding to press inquiries, said the information provided by Salkida was not known to it.

The government also said no such information was provided either by the captors of the Chibok girls or the international intercessors who are working with it.

Presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu said Salkida was also not involved, on behalf of the Nigerian government, in the processes leading to the release of the over 100 Chibok girls that have returned to their families, so far.

Shehu said the journalist was equally not involved in the current processes to secure the release of those still held in captivity.

“If there is any information he has concerning the remainder of those girls, he has, up till this moment not approached the government of Nigeria with it.

“All press enquiriers on the subject should therefore be directed to Salkida,” Shehu said.

WATCH BOUNCE WEEK ROUND WITH TONY AND JONA