A pregnant woman and her 2-year-old son have died by electrocution 

The woman and her child died on June 11 at the Alare Compound of Aremo in Ibadan North-East LGA.

 The incident reportedly happened when the woman was spreading some clothes on a line at her residence when she got electrocuted.

Her screams attracted her son, who ran to his mum, hugged her and was electrocuted, too. 

According to eye witnesses, “a nearby hotel had connected a wire to a house to provide illumination for passers-by at night. 

“Unknown to the deceased, who was four months pregnant, the insulator on the wire had worn off. As she was spreading her clothes on it, she was electrocuted. She screamed, attracting the innocent boy, who ran to his mum. He too got electrocuted on the spot.” 

Oyo state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said the bodies had been taken to the Adeoyo General Hospital morgue for autopsy, and an investigation will soon commence.