Barring any last-minute moves from the camp of kidnappers in Ondo state, residents of the state may wake up to another devastating news.

Recent development on fate of the victims in the abductors den is worrisome and has further thrown their families in a state of confusion.

The victims, a couple, Mr Bunmi Falodun, his wife, Ronke and Mr. Ayewu Ogunsemore were abducted on Saturday evening along Owo- Akure Expressway, Ondo state while returning from a function in Akoko.

The gunmen were said to have put a call through to their victims’ families on Tuesday and reduced their ransom from 100 million naira to 10million naira, with a deadline that expired by 2pm on Wednesday.

Also read: 3 Quick Steps To Get New BOUNCE FOOTBALL Feature

Sources within the family who spoke in confidence said they have been able to raise a sum of 8.5million naira and the abductors refused to accept the sum.

"They gave us till 2pm on Wednesday and since then, we have been pleading to them to accept the offer to no avail.

"By 2pm on Thursday, it will be 48 hours. They have stopped calling us and we have not been able to reach them through the line they have been using to contact us.

"We are really worried because we don't know what may have befallen them by now. " The source disclosed.

There are speculations that the same gang which had earlier kidnapped and killed a lecturer of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo, Taiwo Akinyemi over failure to meet with ransom deadline, were the people that called the families.

Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.

ALSO WATCH: EXCLUSIVE! Kingsley Moghalu Reveals Salary As CBN Governor