12 people have so far been confirmed dead in the June 28 petrol tanker explosion on Otedola Link Bridge.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, made this known at a news conference in Lagos.

According to him, 10 of the victims, including a minor, died at the scene of the accident, while two others died at the hospital.

He said, of the 12 people who died, 10, including a minor, were taken from the scene of the accident completely burnt to the Yaba Mainland Hospital.

“Seven people were taken with varying degrees of burns to our various hospitals.

“First at our Accident and Emergency Centre at the Toll Gate, Trauma and Burns Centre, Gbagada General Hospital and the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

READ ALSO: 3 Quick Steps To Get New BOUNCE FOOTBALL Feature

“Of the seven, unfortunately, we lost one of them that had a degree greater than 80 per cent burns.

“Right now, we have only five left and they are being treated. Nobody received any money to treat them. They were treated free of charge.

“We also received report over the weekend that some cases may have been taken to some other private hospitals.

“So far, we are aware of only two of the hospitals and one of the victims has died,’’ the commissioner said.

Idris said that two patients — a 48-year-old and 42-year-old, both males — were taken to the Burns and Plastic Unit, LASUTH.

“While commiserating with the families of the victims who lost their lives and property in the unfortunate fatal explosion, I wish to state that the state government has left no stones upturned.

“The government will continue to do the needful in addressing and managing all the issues surrounding the inferno,” he said.

Did you enjoy this story? Spread the love, share with your friends

Otedola Bridge Accident: See The Man Behind Viral Accident Prophesy