#OsunDecides2018: 10 Facts You Should Know About This Election
In this era of FAKE NEWS being more dominant, it is important to clearly state the facts from opinion and fiction.
Here are some facts about the Osun governorship election:
1. MOBILE PHONES are NOT banned at polling units. INEC's REC in Osun state, Segun Agbaje says the commission was misquoted.
2. There are 48 political parties fielding candidates for the Saturday 22 poll.
3. 13,000 adhoc staff have been recruited and deployed.
4. 1.6 million voters are registered for the poll.
5. Over 10,000 card reader machines will be used.
6. Sensitive materials were kept and retrieved from the Central Bank of Nigeria. These have been distributed to all 30 local council areas.
7. There has been NO OFFICIAL merger of the candidates of the SDP, ADP, ADC. Each party will run its individual race.
8. Ademola Adeleke, Candidate of the PDP did not show up for any of the 3 debates.
9. There are over 100,000 uncollected PVCs which INEC says have been stored away in a strong room.
10. Accreditation and voting will start simultaneously at 8am and end at 2pm.
WATCH: DEAR 'DADDY', ARE YOU SURE THOSE CHILDREN ARE REALLY YOURS?