The Super Eagles have been denied a chance to right their wrongs in last Thursday's game against Senegal following an announcement by the NFF that Monday's planned friendly against Burkina Faso has been called off.

A statement on Saturday from the NFF claimed that seven players in the Burkinabe contingent failed to secure entry visas into the United Kingdom.

Chairman of the NFF Technical and Development Committee, Barrister Chris Green told thenff.com in London: “We regret to announce that the second friendly match we had scheduled for the Super Eagles as part of preparations for the remaining matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying series and the beginning of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification race would no longer take place on Monday, 27th March 2017.

“The match in question is called off due to no fault of either the organizers or the Nigeria Football Federation. We will announce further plans for the Super Eagles’ preparation for these two important qualifying campaigns in due course.”


There is no British Embassy in Ouagadougou, and officials of the Federation Burkinabe de Football had been shuttling between Accra and Ouagadougou for visa processing. FBF sources said the Embassy in Accra told them last week to proceed to Morocco (where the Etalons played the Atlas Lions on Friday) and that the visas would be issued there.


However, the applications were still pending at the British Embassy in Morocco as at close of work on Friday, the last working day before match day in London.


The Burkinabe Football Federation on Friday, 24th March 2017 by 7pm UK time telephoned the match organizers to say some of their players and officials were unable to secure entry visas into the United Kingdom and therefore would not be able to honour the match.