The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) have praised the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) for banning Falz’s video, “This is Nigeria”.

The group on Monday released a statement signed by the leader of the group, Professor Ishaq Akintola.

In a press release, the Islamic group commended NBC for putting a ban on the video and stressed that NBC should ensure that the video remains banned until the artiste removes all the offensive parts.

The group explained that the banning of Falz video may not be unconnected with a petition it sent to the National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB).

The petition, which was sent by courier to both the Abuja and Lagos offices of the agency, was dated 11th June 2018.

MURIC had earlier said the video was offensive to the sensitivity of Muslims especially as the video contained a scene were girls dressed in Hijab were dancing shaku shaku.

The group had earlier given Falz a 7-day ultimatum to withdraw the video or face the consequence. They later backtracked on their threat and said they were going to explore other means to channel their grievances.


"Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family."