The Kaduna State government is still making efforts to contain the security situation in some parts of the state that resulted in the killing of nine persons on Nandu village on Saturday.

After the deaths occurred, the government said more security personnel had been deployed to the Sanga Local Government where gunmen killed the nine people.

The deployment of security officials was announced in a statement by the Government Spokesman, Samuel Aruwan, on Saturday in Kaduna

“Security agencies have been deployed in the area, and the State Emergency Management Agency has been directed to immediately provide relief materials to the affected community,” the statement read.

It said, the state government condemned the killings, and vowed not to allow criminal elements “triumph over our common humanity".

“The security agencies have so far recovered nine corpses, including children. The attackers also burnt several houses in the village.

“The government condemns this attack on the lives and security of citizens and appeals to our communities to resist those who do not want peace.

“The governor, on behalf of the government and people of Kaduna State, commiserates with the families of the victims and prays for the repose of their souls.

Also Read: 10 Killed In Fresh Attack On Kaduna Community

“Government, security agencies, traditional and religious institutions will continue to work towards sustainable peace.

“In this moment of grief, we must come together to defeat the machinations of those who have no notion of respect for the lives of others.

“Violence has left an unacceptable toll of death and injury, loss of livelihoods, pain and fear.

“We must overcome this by respecting our common humanity, settling differences peacefully and promptly reporting threats and suspicions to the appropriate authorities. Evil will never triumph over our common humanity.” 

If you enjoyed reading this and our other stories, please, share with friends and loved ones.

2Face & Annie Idibia: Is Social Media Destroying Marriages?