Dear Youth Corps member, as you embark on this once in a lifetime one-year journey, please do not over-do things, especially military drills.

The issue of a corps member who died at the Kwara orientation camp after a Man ‘O War exercise is still fresh in our minds and many are worried.

The bad news is that the NYSC does not intend to scrap the exercise as many have been clamouring.

Brig-Gen. Suleiman Kazaure, the Director General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Kazaure said this on Sunday at the NYSC orientation camp in Okada, near Benin.

The good news, however, is that he has also confirmed that it is not mandatory for any corps member to undergo any drill as it was not compulsory.

So, be aware of your limits and focus on the less physical activities.

Furthermore, for your own good, the NYSC boss further appealed to corps members to always move in groups, noting that the security situation in the country warranted due vigilance.

He also cautioned corps members against travelling without approval, adding that issues and grievances should be tabled before management for prompt action.

As for the NYSC in Edo state, they are making efforts to ensure security of the corps members.

The State Coordinator, Mr Abdullahi Yusuf, said that 800 sand bags had been placed at strategic points on the camp to prevent intruders.

He disclosed that the orientation exercise commenced in the state without hitches with a total of 2,137 corps members duly registered.

FOR MORE FRESH STORIES, DOWNLOAD BOUNCE NEWS APP HERE

WATCH: Nigerians speak about Buhari's second term plan