Man, Wife, 3 Children Die After Eating Jollof Rice
When Mrs. Obianuju Nwosu served the family jollof rice, which she prepared for dinner, they did not know it would be their last supper.
Few minutes after the family consumed the sumptuous meal, tragedy struck.
They started experiencing stomach ache, stooling and vomiting.
Obianuju and her husband, Vitalis, his wife and their three children, Chinonso, Chinasa and Odimnobi died in the sleepy rural Umuokpara Umanu, Obollo community in Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State.
According to reports from the community, Mr. and Mrs. Nwosu later came down with the same symptoms and were rushed to a hospital in Owerri, but they also died.
A villager noted that two other members of the family, who also took part in the meal survived, adding that “the remains of the deceased have been deposited at Adam Mortuary, Ugiri.”
Reacting to the incident, the deceased’s first son, Chukwuemeka Nwosu, said that he was not at home when the incident occurred.
While urging security agencies to thoroughly investigate the incident, Chukwuemeka also said that he suspected foul play.
He alleged that his parents and siblings must have been poisoned by a relation over a protracted family matter.
The matter is being investigated by the police.