JUST IN: INEC To Begin Result Collation At 6PM On Sunday
The Independent National Electoral Commission says the final stage of the Presidential and Federal Parliamentary polls will begin at 6pm in Abuja.
The umpire, in a press briefing on Sunday, said result collation and announcement would continue from 6pm till the winner of the presidential election is announced.
INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu says Ekiti is the only state that has completed the result collation and it's REC is on his way to Abuja with the completed result sheets.
Yakubu asked interest groups and the electorate to refrain from publishing result sheet online despite the announcement of results at polling units across the country.
It is against the electoral act for anyone to publish results before the commission officially declares winners.
The National Collation Centre will be formerly launched at 6pm on Sunday.
1. Ekiti is the first state to have all election results in.
2. Voting will continue in all states where there were disruptions and infractions - Lagos, Anambra and Bayelsa will have polls conducted on yet to be announced date.
3. INEC cannot confirm the number of deaths recorded across the country saying it's attention is focused more on its direct and adhoc staff.
INEC Chair says it is not its duty to give such figures directing the question to security operatives.
4. INEC's says it cannot have people under age 18 voting in the polls - dismisses claims that under-age voting was recorded in Taraba.
5. Collation of final results will begin at 6pm on Sunday in Abuja.