Sierra Leonians are ready to go to the polls on Saturday to elect a new president.

This means former President Goodluck Jonathan, who has been in the country for the run-off poll since Friday, can now get to work.

On Friday, Sierra Leone’s National Electoral Commission, NEC reaffirmed its readiness to conduct the Presidential run-off election on Saturday March 31.

The NEC Chairman, Mohamed Conteh, was quoted as making the assertion while speaking with ECOWAS Observation team in his office on Friday in Freetown.

In a statement issued by Mr Paul Ejime, a member of the Mission, Conteh was quoted as saying that the electoral body is “prepared to deliver a credible election”.

Also Read: Former Deputy Senate President Says He Rigged Elections

He confirmed that polling materials, sensitive and non-sensitive, have been distributed to all 16 Administrative Districts, except those in urban areas, which will be distributed hours before or on the Election Day.

The NEC chairman also said the tension between the Commission and the Sierra Leone Police (SLP), had been resolved with both sides agreeing that polling materials would be accompanied by police and security personnel.

He appreciated the international community particularly, ECOWAS, AU, EISA, Commonwealth, EU, UNDP and other development partners, and “especially our African brothers and sisters on observation missions” for their support.

Also Watch: MMM Founder Mavrodi Dies, PDP Begs Nigerians and More