A day after a three-storey building collapsed at Shogoye area of Ibadan, Oyo State, the government says no life was lost. 

The update on the incident was contained in a statement by the State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Mr Toye Arulogoun.

According to the statement, the three-storey building, which was still under construction, collapsed on Friday evening, trapping scores of workers at the site.

It said that the multi-agency rescue operation team, set up by Governor Abiola Ajimobi, was able to achieve the evacuation of all victims from the collapsed building.

It noted that the injured, who were in stable condition, had been taken to the hospital, while no death was recorded.

“Upon hearing the news of the incident, the governor set up a multi-agency rescue team which promptly swung into action, mobilising equipment, materials and personnel.

“The team was able to rescue the two victims trapped in the rubble of the collapsed building, as three were initially rescued manually.

Also Read: With Crude Oil Deposit, This Is Ogu Residents' Toilet And Bathroom

“No fatality was recorded in the rescue operation which ended at 3.45 a.m., today,” the statement read.

According to the Commissioner, relevant agencies have started investigation into the matter.

It admonished building construction practitioners to desist from cutting corners and using cheap materials.

The statement reiterated the importance of adhering to approved building plans to avoid the collapse of structures.

If you enjoyed reading this and our other stories, please, share with friends and loved ones.

2Face & Annie Idibia: Is Social Media Destroying Marriages?