I Only Lost Sleep During The Fire Outbreak- Banky W
Singer Banky W is well and not counting his losses after a fire outbreak that gutted his house in Lekki Phase 1 Area of Lagos State.
The EME boss said the incident started at about 6am on Tuesday while he was sleeping in his house located along Admiralty Way. He has refuted claims that he lost property worth millions of Naira to the ‘inferno’ which ravaged the building.
The Wedding Part star confirmed that no one was hurt in the incident and the fire was caused by a faulty air conditioner.
He shared his account of the fire on Instagram:
“So there's good news and bad news. The good news is... I'm thanking God that I'm alive to give the bad news as a testimony.
“Bad news is...
I was laying awake in bed at about 6am , and I just started smelling smoke. Stood up to shut off my tv and ac and realized it was coming from outside my door. Opened it to see the whole stairway was filled with huge gusts of black smoke/soot, and a fire was burning stuff downstairs. The smoke was so much I couldn't get down past it to see the source of the flames. Rushed back into my room and climbed down from the 2nd floor balcony with my dog... and then got help from the amazing workers and neighbours who helped me put out the flames.
“Turns out the ac in the living room had caught fire.. I know a lot of ppl have been trying to call and I appreciate it. Maybe the fire burnt some of the network in the house because I can't receive calls LOL ??, but instead of calling to say sorry pls just maybe say a prayer and thank God with me.
“Thank God I was awake to smell the smoke. Thank God we caught it early enough and the damage wasn't so bad.. it basically burnt some of the stuff that was around it. So awards, portraits, and some small electronics. But thank God, Duke and I are alive and well. We only had to form James Bond and climb down from the top floor balcony LOL ???? Thank God for my neighbors and the amazing workers in and around the compound for helping us escape via the balcony, helping put out the fire, and helping with the aftermath/cleaning.
“Thank God for life. And I'm not even upset.. I'm just grateful for life and health and for the grace and mercy of God on my life. I figure I'm about to have the best year ever so the devil tried to throw a tantrum. But not today Satan. Not today, not ever. Now sit back and watch me be great. By God's grace. Amen. God bless you all.”
Instagram fans were not left out on giving thanks to God for BankY W’s life, below are some of their comments:
yunis_white: Sorry banks so sorry thank God for his mercies
makzinoReal: true Sir,, greater things on the way.. But I fit come do houseboy for a while oh... Lol..free service @bankywellington... Always your boy Sir.
miz_nossy: Tank God for ur life ....may God continue to protect u from any forms of evil.
ejmusic_macelo: Thank God...there is reason for everything @bankywellington ..God know best!!!you must stay alive for us.
slimm_fella: Tank God for life boss God is with you @bankywellington
Banky W recently visited the Big Brother Naija house In Johannesburg, where one of the contestants named Gifty said she did not know him.
By the way his Duke survived the fire too. Thank God.