A 36 -year-old man, Uguru Sunday has narrowly escaped electrocution after he was resuscitated through cardiopulmonary.

The incident occurred at Effium autonomous community in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi State.

It was gathered that the survivor was invited by residents of the community to help them reconnect a wire that was blown off by wind.

He was electrocuted when suddenly as he was on top of the pole, the Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC, restored light.

“He has been helping us whenever we have electricity challenges in our community,” an eyewitness, Ikechukwu Okah told Bounce News.

Also read: 3 Quick Steps To Get New BOUNCE FOOTBALL Feature

“I learnt he worked with a company known as News Engineering Company. It is the company that electrified this community, and neighboring ones.

“He climbed the electric pole to connect a wire that was broken by wind. As he was on top of the pole, electricity light was restored.

“What we saw was his body hung on the pole. He could not move or talk. It was then that I quickly climbed the ladder and pulled him down.

“He was lifeless when I brought him down, but I immediately put my mouth in his own, blocked his nose and breathed into him, he immediately sneezed, and got revived.

The survivor narrated his experience in a chat with Bounce News.

“My name is Sunday Uguru. I am an electrician. I was at home when I was called to come and fix an electric wire that was destroyed by wind.

“There was no electricity when I climbed the pole. I was on top of the electric pole when light was brought and the next thing I saw was that I was lying on the ground. That is all I can say.”

Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.


ALSO WATCH: See The Moment UI Students Caught A Suspected Kidnapper In Ibadan