The Gombe State Command of the Nigerian Police last Friday paraded a suspect said to be behind the anal abuse and rape of a 12-year-old boy.

The police said the evil act was meted out on a minor simply identified as Sani. 

He was lured into a shop located at Tashar Dukku, downtown Gombe, where the deed was perpetrated by Zakari Shehu. 

The suspect, who is currently being detained, was a senior artisan at a mechanic workshop where the victim who is a primary five pupil, was sent to learn.

Findings by Bounce News revealed that the primary five pupil was sent to learn how to fix cars because of the financial difficulties faced by his family. 

The victim’s father Alhaji Abdullahi said that he noticed some changes in the boy.

"Sani had not been eating as he used to, but I could not suspect that such act must have happened to him”.

He said most of the time, he boiled bathing water for the boy whenever he was back from work.

He added that the boy did not open up to him or any other family member as he was threatened by the suspect.


“However, the kid spoke the day he was beaten by the suspect at work, because one of the trainees broke a windscreen of a customer’s car. 

“The boy obviously angry for being punished for an offence he didn’t commit opened up to his mother.

"I wasn't at home then, but I was called to come question him because he refused to say anything after promising to recount all that have been happening in their working place.

“He also refused to answer questions I asked him, I then called his elder brother Ibrahim to come and interrogate him for me, so when his brother threatened to beat him, he opened up.”

Sani, who is presently living on medication at his family house, said that the perpetrator began to rape him barely two months after he started work and that he continued over the next eight months.

Aside from the victim's father his elder brother, Ibrahim Abdullahi also explained that the revelation has caused the family psychological trauma.

Parading the suspect before news men at the headquarters of the State Police Command last Friday, the Commissioner of Police, Mohammed Mukaddas, said the suspect was arrested on November 1. 

Mukaddas said the suspect will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.