How Fire Razed Governor Aregbesola’s Office
Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola has not been seen in public since Monday's fire incident at the State Secretariat, Osogbo.
It was gathered that the fire started from one of the air conditioners which was in the governor’s office but the governor was not inside at the time.
A source said the fire could not be put off immediately because the security doors leading to the office could not be opened.
WATCH BOUNCE WEEK ROUND WITH TONY AND JONA
But armed security personnel deployed in the place did not allow journalists to take photos or go inside the premises.
However, the Commissioner for Information, Adelani Baderinwa, and the media aide to the Governor, Sola Fasure, were seen at the scene.
The commissioner later said in a statement that the fire was caused by power surge.
He said, “The Office of the Governor of the State of Osun caught fire on Monday evening. The fire incident was as a result of power surge which occurred in one of the air conditioners inside the office.
“It is heartening to note that not a single document or equipment was destroyed and nobody was hurt. The fire mainly affected the office of the governor alone; no other office is affected. It is not a serious fire outbreak.
“It is regrettable that the electricity suppliers have been persistently unable to regulate the supply of power to meet the necessary standard. Many Nigerians have lost their property to power surge and other electrical malfunctioning.”
Please share this story with your family and friends
ALSO WATCH - Shayi Shayi Gang: Why Nigeria's Drug Abuse Problem May Not End Soon