Manchester City may not buy another striker during this window, but they are still hoping to lure other players to the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola has refused to comment on the possibility of hijacking Real Madrid's move for Kylian Mbappe, but confirmed Manchester City are "still looking" to add to their 200 million summer spending spree.

City have been the major shoppers in the transfer market after splashing out a Premier League record total of 200m (223 million euros, $260 million) to bring Benjamin Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Kyle Walker, Ederson, Danilo and Douglas Luiz.

But it remains likely that they will continue their haul after being strongly linked with moves for Arsenal front man Alexis Sanchez and Monaco's teenage striker, Mbappe.

Mbappe has been on City's radar throughout the summer, although there have been strong suggestions in Spain that Real have agreed a fee of 160 million ($210 million, 180 million euros) for the 18-year-old.

Ahead of Wednesday's International Champions Cup encounter against Real Madrid, in Los Angeles, Guardiola said he has "no comment".

"They are Monaco and Arsenal players, so nothing to say," he said.

But he did confirm that City were still looking at options in the market, albeit he was coy on whether another striker was on the agenda.

"We have the two exceptional forwards in Gabriel (Jesus) and Sergio (Aguero)," he said. "We will see.

"The market finishes on August 31, which is not good for the managers.

"The competition (Premier League) starts on the 12th (of August) and the market is still open. That is not good for all the clubs.

"We will see until the end of the transfer window."

Mendy became City's latest signing earlier this week when the left-back arrived from Monaco in a 52 million ($67 million, 58 million euros) deal.

ALSO WATCH: Bus with 'Juju' falls into Lagos canal