Generator Fume Kills Family Of 4
John Ayodele, his wife and their two children were suspected to have died in their sleep.
They reportedly wanted to stay cool through the night so they switched on the generator and left it to run through the night.
Apprehension set in when the deceased were not seen by their neighbors for two days.
Tension heightened on Saturday as calls to Ayodele’s mobile phone remained unanswered.
Ayodele’s cousin, Richard Asaje said he had gone to check on him at home following the stench that was emanating from his house.
Consequently, policemen from Obajana Division were alerted and when the door was forced open, the decomposing bodies were discovered.
According to Asaje, “The incident happened between Friday and Saturday. It should be around 12am Saturday. He put a generator inside his toilet and locked the door. The house is a concrete building and it was discovered that he locked the window.
“Unfortunately, we never knew something had happened the second day; so, we forced the door open following the stench emanating from the house.”
Police officials say the bodies have been dropped at the morgue while an autopsy is being conducted.