Two Americans and two Canadians that were abducted on Tuesday by gunmen in Kaduna have been released, police said on Saturday.

The Kaduna State Police Command confirmed their release while addressing reporters. 

They were abducted by gunmen along Kwoi-Jere road in Kagarko local government area of Kaduna State after two Nigerian policemen were killed.

Confirming the development on Saturday, State Commissioner of Police, Mr Agyole Abeh, said the two foreigners were rescued by the police at Jere area in Kagarko Local Government Area of the state.

Abeh said that one suspect had been arrested in connection with the abduction.

He explained that the kidnapped foreigners were released inside a bush at about 6 a.m on Saturday morning.

Also Read: Kidnappers Kill 2 Policemen, Abduct American, Canadian In Kaduna

“The development followed a massive manhunt of the abductors by men of the Command and the Inspector General of Police Special Anti-Kidnapping Squad,” he said.

He also gave the assurance that the police were on the trail of the remaining suspects with a view to arresting them and bringing them to justice.

WATCH ROBBER WHO STEALS OUT OF PITY CONFESS