FOOTBALL: 7 Top Moments For Nigeria In 2017
The year 2017 was not a bad one for Nigeria as far as the round leather game is concerned.
On and off the pitch there were successes worth celeb 2018. rating, and more importantly to be built on in 2018.
From the poll, Bounce Sports picks out 7 Top Moments For Nigeria In Football For 2017
1. In the year 2017, the Super Eagles qualified for the FIFA World Cup finals with a match to spare from a so–called ‘Group of Death’.
2. The Eagles B made up of home-based players qualified for the African Nations Championship (CHAN) starting in Morocco in a fortnight.
3. The U20 girls nicknamed the Falconets swept aside opposition to reach the final round of qualification for their respective FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup to be staged in France.
4. Though they have not been exceptionally convincing, the U-17 girls also swept aside opposition to reach the final round of qualification for the FIFA Women’s U-17 World Cup finals taking place in 2018 in Uruguay.
5. Nigeria lifted the EPL Trophy again as Victor Moses with his club Chelsea emerged champions in England, and you can bet it was a sweet moment for Nigerians who have a great followership of the English League.
6. Nigeria got the coveted CAF executive seat after taking the back seat in recent times. NFF President, Amaju Pinnick was able to get Nigeria back into the highest desicion making organ of CAF, he also opened doors for the country at FIFA.
7. Plateau United won the Nigeria League after the unpreditability of the Nigeria League which was at its very best when the greenhorns claimed the top prize and Lagos-based, MFM FC finished in a decent second place.
ALSO WATCH: Bounce Sports: Major Sporting Events That Shook The World in 2017