Monday, November 27, 2017 was the day they were scheduled to commence their first term examination.

But it happened to be the morning most students were left with only the cloths on their back.

A fire outbreak was recorded at two female hostels at the Federal Government College (FGC), Keffi, Nasarawa State.

Though no life was lost, property belonging to students and school authority were destroyed in the inferno.

Also read: Lagos To Shut Down Oba Akran Road For Carnival

“The students were in the dining hall when the fire started. Books and properties of the students were all razed down, nothing was removed,” a senior staff of the school told NAN, craving anonymity.

“One student, who did not go to the dining hall and was sleeping in one of the hostels, was almost affected.

“Immediately she sensed the smoke, she jumped through the window and sustained some slight injuries. No one else was affected.”

The school may postpone exams as some students are still in shock while others were traumatized by the incident.

ALSO WATCH: The New Age of #DigitalRunsGirls