Family Of Five Killed By Generator Fumes In Rivers
Tragedy struck in Idumu Ozue area of Port Harcourt, Rivers State, as a family of 5 has been wiped off by generator fume.
Chaly Chibuogwu, his wife and three children were said to have gone to sleep on Sunday with their generator switched on.
It was gathered that some neighbours raised an alarm when the bodies of the family were seen lifeless in the apartment when the door was opened.
No sign of violence was discovered on the bodies.
Thus, the victims were suspected to have died in their sleep, as a result of inhalation of fumes from the generating set kept at the back of their room when they went to bed.
A source in the community told Bounce News that the deceased had put on their power generator due to power outage.
WATCH TONY AND JONA ON BOUNCE WEEK ROUND
"We were surprised when residents of the neighbourhood alerted the whole community that Mr Jemudia and his family had died as a result of inhaling fumes from his generator," a neighbour said.
He explained that the generator’s vibration had moved it, causing its exhaust to face the room in which they (the deceased) were sleeping.
Describing the incident as a rude shock to the entire community, he said: "We have never witnessed or heard of this kind of occurrence in this community or in neighbouring communities".
He said the bodies had been deposited in a mortuary in one of the hospitals close to the community.
A police source at the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID) Panti said neighbours raised an alarm when they saw no sign of the occupants of the two rooms apartment on Monday morning.
Please share this story with your family and friends
ALSO WATCH - SHAYI-SHAYI GANG: THE SHOCKING CONFESSIONS OF DRUG ADDICTS IN KANO