Conte learnt his bitter lesson from Old Trafford.

It was always meant to be a keenly contested match but Antonio Conte allowed the strength of the Blues squad to shine through.

He started off with Willian and Michy Batshuayi playing as center half and top striker. The duo really had no connection but the Brazilian was clinical with set pieces.

Willian got the first goal in the 5th minute after Pedro was fouled at the edge of Spurs 18 yard box. He stepped up and side footed the ball over the wall and into net.

Spurs with its usual starting 11 looked the sharper side and in a few minutes got the equalizer from no one else but Harry Kane. 

The English striker gently nudged over a low cross from Eriksen to level the score one all. 

Nigerian international Victor Moses played all 94 minutes of the game and had a good time running on the right flank.

In one of his speed drives, he beat the defense line and got into the box before he was slightly tripped by Son. Moses made the most of the touch as he fell awkwardly. 

Willian was on hand to make it 2-1 from the penalty spot.

After half time Tottenham looked sharper and the Dele Alli made it 2-all. Conte's script was working as Batshuayi and Willian's running had worn out the trio of Kane, Alli and Eriksen.

In the 67th minute, he made a double substitution bringing on Hazard and Costa. They linked up well for about 10 minutes before Conte added Fabregas to the mix.

Tottenham's shaky defense could no longer hold on. Things Fell Apart

A well delivered cross from Fabregas bubbled of Wanyama and Hazard drilled in the low strike. 3-2

Pochettino was still clueless. He looked to his bench and realized there was no one else to bring in. His team had been outplayed and weakened.

16 minutes later, Moses linked up with Fabregas who passed to Hazard. The Belgian found Matic over 20 meters out and he launched the rocket. The ball flew past 5 defenders and the goal keeper hit the crossbar and dropped into the net. 4-2 - Game over.

The stadium emptied before the 4th assistant referee waved the board indicating 4 additional minutes.