FA Cup Final: 5 Things You Need To Know
The 2018 Emirates FA Cup final is delicately poised as two of England's best teams, Chelsea and Manchester United will be battling it out for the top prize at Wembley on Saturday.
With Chelsea and Manchester United both battling not to end the season empty-handed, many are predicting a fierce contest between Jose Mourinho's men and Antonio Conte's players.
Here are 5 Things You Need To Know as we countdown to Saturday's final...
- This will be Manchester United’s 20th FA Cup final – a joint-record with Arsenal, while only the Gunners (13) have won the trophy more than the Red Devils (12).
- Jose Mourinho – winner with Chelsea in 2007 – could become only the third manager to win the FA Cup with two different clubs, after Herbert Chapman (Huddersfield and Arsenal) and Billy Walker (Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest).
- In all FA Cup meetings, Chelsea are unbeaten in their last four against Man Utd (W3 D1), since a 2-0 loss in a quarter-final replay in 1998-99.
- The last player to play in consecutive FA Cup finals but for different clubs was Brian Talbot (Ipswich 1978, Arsenal 1979). Both Sanchez and Giroud could do so in this game.
- Giroud has been directly involved in 22 goals in his 26 FA Cup appearances (15 goals, 7 assists), more than any other player in the competition since his debut.