Surely, some of us are not aware of the possibility of a fire extinguisher exploding and causing severe damage.

This is what happened at the Osun state University, Osogbo, Osun state on Thursday.

Students of Anatomy and Physiology department were said to have been receiving lecture around 1pm in one of the classes at the Health Sciences College of the university when the fire extinguisher, said to have been attached to the classroom wall suddenly exploded.

The lecturer and the students were said to have been terribly injured from the explosion which might have been because the extinguisher had expired.

There was pandemonium on campus as students and workers of the institution ran for their lives.

Amidst the chaos, however, they managed to rush the injured students to Ladoke Akintola University Teaching Hospital in Osogbo for treatment.

It cannot be confirmed whether any death was recorded.

FOR MORE FRESH STORIES, DOWNLOAD BOUNCE NEWS APP HERE

#BeninToEurope5050: How Nigerians Travel To Europe By Land