#EkitiDecides: Fayemi Defeats Fayose 12-4 As Collation Continues
After votes were cast on Saturday July 14 in the ongoing Ekiti governorship election, it has become apparent that a power-shift will be announced in a few hours.
The All Progressives Congress and its candidate, Kayode Fayemi have taken a clear lead winning in 9 of 12 local council areas announced so far.
Bounce News Correspondent, Lekan Oladehinde who is closely monitoring the collation process which started since mid-night reports that the PDP has won in only 4 local council areas.
There are speculations that Governor Ayodele Fayose's decision to impose his deputy, Olusola Eleka, may have ruined the good will he enjoyed within the party's strong structures which have been weakened.
So far, it appears the APC will coast to a 12-4 victory after the remaining results are announced.
Incumbent governor, Fayose has apparently also lost in his local council area to the APC.
See Results announced as at 5am on Sunday:
1. Ilejemeje LGA: APC - 4153, PDP - 3937
2. Irepodu/Ifelodu LGA: APC - 13,869, PDP - 11,456
3. Ido/Osi LGA: APC - 12,342, PDP -11,145
4. Oye LGA: APC - 14,995, PDP - 11,271
5. Efon LGA: APC - 5,028, PDP - 5,192
6. Mopa LGA: APC - 11,837, PDP - 8,520
7. Ijero LGA: APC - 14,192, PDP - 11,070
8. Oyin: APC - 11,498, PDP - 8,027
9. Emure LGA - APC - 7,048, PDP - 7121
10. Ikere LGA: APC - 11,515 , PDP - 17,183
11. Ekiti West: APC - 12,648, PDP - 10,137
12. Ikole: APC - 14,522, PDP - 13,961
13. Ise/ Orun LG - APC 11908, PDP 6297
14. Ekiti East - APC 12778, PDP 11564
15. Ekiti South - APC 11015, PDP 8423
Are You following the Ekiti Governorship Election? Share with your family and friends
ALSO WATCH: SEE TONY AND JONA WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED TO KEMI ADEOSUN'S NYSC CERTIFICATE