In what will come across as a really shocking development, some angry commercial motorcycle riders have invaded the Calabar office of Cross River State Governor, Ben Ayade with the corpse of a colleague of theirs, a report by Punch Metro has shown.

In protest against what they alleged as “extra-judicial killing” of the unnamed man, the angry riders laid the corpse on the ground at the entrance to one of the offices in the expansive premises.

The irate riders gained entry into the premises by attacking and overpowering the security men at the gate.

The angry commercial cyclists smashed one of the doors leading to Ayade's office immediately they gained entry into the premises.

After gaining access into the premises, the riders dropped the corpse of their colleague at the entrance into an office they believed was the governor’s personal office.

The deceased young man allegedly died as a result of injuries he sustained from the officials of the task force in Special Services, Governor’s Office, under the control of the State Security Adviser, South, Ani Esin.

The Police had to call for reinforcement before they were able to ward off the protesting motorcycle riders.

Soldiers also joined the Police to bring the situation under control.

Five of the protesting motorcycle riders were arrested by the Police and whisked away, while the rest fled in different directions, as the security agents met the protesters with a cascade of gunshots.

Also Read: Why We Can’t Investigate Stealing Of Pants - Police

The Police shot at the tyres of one of the cyclists, and seized the motorcycle. They also arrested one of the riders who had tried to escape.

The slain man’s colleague narrated that trouble started at Four Miles area of Ikot Ansa near the St. Patrick’s College where the Special Services task force allegedly pursued the motorcycle rider for undisclosed reason.

He reportedly fell off the motorcycle, as he tried to escape, sequel to which he sustained injuries.

His colleagues said the Special Services pursued him because he was allegedly riding on a prohibited route.

An eyewitness, who would not be named, said that the Okada rider's colleagues took him to a hospital where he later died.

“His aggrieved colleagues promptly mobilised one-another and stormed the governor’s office with the corpse,” the eyewitness said.

Reacting to the incident, the Police PRO, DSP Irene Ugbo, said, “The man was pursued by a task force and he fell down and died while he was trying to escape.”