Pedro sustained "multiple fractures" to his face, Chelsea boss Antonio Conte announced on Monday.

He said this while speaking to media in Singapore ahead of a friendly with Bayern Munich on Tuesday,.

"The situation was more serious because I hoped that it would only be a concussion.

"Instead he had multiple fractures and I think with a mask in 10 days, he could come back to work for us."

The 29-year-old Spaniard was taken to hospital with a bloodied face after Ospina flew into him while clearing a ball with two fists during the Blues' 3-0 pre-season win over their London rivals in Beijing on Saturday.

Pedro spent the night in a Beijing hospital and returned to London the following day.

Conte said there was no ill-feeling towards Ospina.

"Absolutely no, because I was a player, I know these accidental (challenges) could happen," said Conte. "Ospina tried to take the ball."

Ahead of the clash with Bayern, Conte confirmed that new signing Alvaro Morata is in line to make his first appearance for the Premier League champions.

"In my plan it is to give him the possibility to play a part of the game against Munich for sure," said the Italian.

Spanish international Morata signed for Chelsea last week in a deal reported to be worth up to 80 million euros ($92 million).

ALSO WATCH: I Make N5,000 Daily Riding 'Keke Marwa' - Ada Jesus