It will be all over for MTN very soon.

The Central Bank of Nigeria governor, Godwin Emefiele had said this last month. More than a month after, the Nigeria Communications Commission, NCC is giving the same assurance.

The Nigerian telecoms regulator told reporters in Abuja on Thursday that the $8.1 billion dispute between South African telecoms group MTN and the Nigerian Central Bank “is being resolved and very soon it will be over”.

Nigeria’s government “is disposed to (an) amicable resolution,” Umar Garba Dambatta, executive vice chairman of the NCC, told reporters.

Recall that on Wednesday (December 12th), a judge in a Lagos court presiding over the case between MTN and CBN adjourned hearing until 22 January 2019.

Also Read: Top 5 Venture Capital Firms In Nigeria

The case was first adjourned on Tuesday last week until December 12 (yesterday).

The case was adjourned after lawyers said they wanted to report back on settlement talks.

These legal backlashes started after the CBN accused the telecom giant of illegally sending $8.1 billion abroad, a charge MTN has denied.

Don't forget to share this story with your friends.

Also Watch: