"Buhari Was Banned By U.S Govt" - Presidency Dismisses Atiku’s Claim
The Presidency has refuted a claim credited to former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar that the President could not enter America for 15 years on account of religious considerations.
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said this in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja on Saturday.
Adesina said it was mind-boggling that a person of Atiku’s calibre who should know the truth was spreading lies.
He said the claim only existed in the realm of his imagination, as Buhari was never stopped from entering America.
The statement read, “Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, claims in an interview published Saturday that ‘for about 15 years, Buhari could not enter America on account of religious considerations.’
“This fictive concoction being passed off as truth is mind-boggling, coming from a former Number Two Man of Nigeria, who should know the truth.
“At no time was President Buhari, as a private person, ever forbidden from entering any country in the world.
“It is curious that former VP Abubakar had been asked why he had not visited America for over a decade, something that had been a stubborn fact dogging his footsteps. Instead of answering directly, he begged the question, saying Buhari also had been disallowed from entering the same country for 15 years before becoming President.
“We hereby make it resoundingly clear that what the former vice president said only exists in the realm of his imagination.”
Also Watch: The New Age of #DigitalRunsGirls