13 months after his disappearance, leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has resurfaced.

Kanu was declared missing after an alleged military invasion of his Afarakwu home in Umuahia, Abia State on September 14, 2017.

But the agitator has resurfaced, and he was seen in Jerusalem.

He was seen in white dressed like a pilgrim in a picture and video posted social media site instablog9ja on Friday.

It captioned the post as “After fleeing Nigeria, IPOB leader, Kanu, resurfaces, today, in Jerusalem.”

weeks after he was released on bail in April 2017, the IPOB leader started violating his bail conditions like it was a Christmas checklist he had to get out of the way.

Kanu's antics between April and September served to pick at the nation's old ethnic wounds that had refused to go away as he incited his IPOB following with separatist sentiments.

Also read: 3 Quick Steps To Get New BOUNCE FOOTBALL Feature

Kanu appeared in videos posted online where he emerged as the leading voice in a fairly successful stay-at-home order to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the declaration of the defunct Republic of Biafra that kicked off the 1967 Civil War.

During the same 5-month period, he made repeated public calls for the Federal Government to organise a referendum to decide the fate of a free Biafran Republic and threatened a boycott of the November gubernatorial election in Anambra State.

While Kanu's actions divided opinions across the nation during this period, the events of September threatened the core of its much-vaunted unity.

After his return from his second overstayed medical leave in London, President Muhammadu Buhari reiterated the uncompromising nature of Nigeria's unity and subtly promised a clampdown against any troublemakers.

The announcement by the Nigerian Army to commence Operation Python Dance II in the southeast region raised suspicions of a targeted campaign against Kanu and his IPOB cohorts, and all hell was let loose.

On September 10, 2017, reports started floating around that soldiers tried to gain access into Kanu's father's compound in Afaraukwu, Umuahia and shot at IPOB members who formed a human shield to keep them out.

The army countered the claims and said the soldiers had been attacked with stones by IPOB members while on a routine parade exercise in the Abia State capital.

What ensued that week was a series of claims and counterclaims from both sides in a full-scale conflict that resulted in the death of a handful of people or dozens, depending on who you asked.

A day after the first clash on September 10, Kanu had said that the government was trying to provoke his group to war.

Kanu later disappeared, with no words about his whereabouts, until now.

Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family.

ALSO WATCH: Obasanjo Joins Buhari's Campaign Team | Bounce Daily Round