The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC has suspended the proposed strike scheduled for Tuesday, November 6, 2018.

Chairman of the NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba addressed the media after the second phase of their meeting on Monday night.

“The tripartite negotiating committee, as rightly put by the chairperson, has completed its assignment. An agreement has been reached and documents have been signed. The result will be submitted to Mr President tomorrow (Tuesday) by 4:15pm.

“Therefore, organized labour, we want to use this medium to thank all the tripartite partners for their understanding and importantly for concluding this very important national assignment.

“Having reached this position, the organized labour also decided that the proposed strike action is hereby suspended. We thought this should be communicated appropriately,” he said.

The labour leader did not reveal the amount it agreed with the government as the new minimum wage for workers in the country. This, he said would be revealed on Tuesday evening.

Prior to this resolution, there had been a deadlock as labour insisted on N30,000 while government offered N24,000.

The suspension of the strike would be a major relief for many Nigerians as the planned strike would have been a total shut down of the economy.

Please share this.

VIDEO - Acrimony: Nigerians Tackle Issues Of Money, Loyalty In Marriage