Bounce News Wishes You Our Reader Happy Eid-el-Kabir
It is a period of celebration and Bounce News is wishing you our reader Happy Eid-el-Kabir.
We join Muslim faithful and every Nigerian marking the holiday at home in the celebration of yet another end of the Islamic calendar.
It is a time for sober reflection, self-examination, and a period to strive to be good ambassadors of the Islamic religion by upholding high moral values.
The occasion is a remembrance of the submission of Prophet Ibrahim Allaihis-Salam to God, by which he taught the world the value of sacrifice in relating with one another, and when it comes to nation-building.
Make it a period of sacrifice for others and remember always those who are less fortunate.
Did you know that Eid-el-Kabir has other names it is identified with in different nations?
Here are a few of them.
In the Philippines it is spelled as Eidul Adha.
• Eid el-Kabir is the commonly referred term for the celebration in Nigeria and Morocco.
• It is referred to as Tabaski in Senegal and Gambia.
• Kurban Bayrami in Turkey.
• Hari Raya Haji is another name for the festival in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore.
• It is celebrated by the name Eid è Qurbon in Iran.
• Bakr-Id or Qurbani Eid, as referred to in the Urdu language, is another name for the day in India and Bangladesh.
Find a fun place to go to and have a nice time with your family.
If you enjoyed reading this and our other stories, please, share with friends and loved ones.