Boko Haram still has access to schools in the northeast and another abduction of school girls may just be around the corner. 

Yobe State has been thrown into shock, as Boko Haram held some communities to ransom on Monday night.

The terrorists succeeded in taking away three persons after it raided a girls’ secondary school.

The fiendish jihadist group may have ran out of food supply due to heightened counter-terrorism operations in the northeast, as they were only after food items when the came to the girls’ school.

After raiding the school and taking as much food items as they could carry, they attacked Dapchi village in Busari Local Government Area of Yobe State.

They had come to the community shooting sporadically and setting off explosives, eyewitnesses said. 

No death has been reported.

READ MORE INTERESTING STORIES FOR FREE. DOWNLOAD BOUNCE NEWS APP HERE

Still continuing the attacks, the dissident group abducted three persons around Geidam Local Government Area.

The Commissioner of Police in Yobe State, Mr Sumonu Abdulmaliki, confirmed the abduction, but told reporters that no life was lost in the attack.

He also stated that there had been no reported case of abduction in the Government Girls College Dapchi.

Witnesses said terrorists broke into the storeroom of the secondary school and stole food items.

Teachers and students had fled to safety.

It would be recalled that Boko Haram on 14 April, 2014 raided a Government Girls School in Chibok taking away over 200 school girls.

Some of the girls are still in their custody.

It was an act that drew the world’s attention to Boko Haram activities in the region that started some 8 years ago.

Also Read: Boko Haram Attack Dapchi In Yobe

Heightened counter insurgency operations in the region have forced terrorist to scatter.

The military had  last week issued a warning to states in the northeast to be on the lookout for terrorists and their leader, Abubakar Shekau, who were on the run.

WATCH THE UNTOLD BOKO HARAM STORIES IN BORNO