Army Clarifies Number Of Deaths In Boko Haram Attack On Formation
The Nigerian Army has clarified reports about an attack on its troops in Gundari, Guzamala Local Government Area of Borno State.
Media reports had earlier indicated that dozens of the insurgents armed with sophisticated weapons had on August 6 lunched a surprise attack on the troops’ location in the area.
There were fears a number of soldiers were killed.
A spokesman for the Nigerian Army, Operation Lafiya Dole, Colonel Onyeama Nwachukwu, said the purported attack was successfully repelled with some soldiers were wounded.
He says the troops killed 7 members of Boko Haram that launched the coordinated attack on a military formation at Gundari.
Colonel Nwachukwu, made the clarification
while reacting to inquiries on the incident.
Nwachukwu explained that the troops
successfully repelled the attack, killed seven insurgents while several others
escaped with gunshot wounds.
He also disclosed that eight soldiers sustained injuries during the attack.
If you enjoyed reading this and our other stories, please, share with friends and loved ones.