Air Force Destroys Structures In Borno Used By Boko Haram
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has continued attacks on locations used by Boko Haram, with more structures destroyed in Borno State.
They are suspected meeting points for Boko Haram insurgents, the Air Force said on Tuesday.
In a statement, the spokesman for NAF, Air Commodore Olatokunbo Adesanya, says the air raid is on its fourth day.
He explained that the intensive bombardment of the insurgents’ hideouts is in the Sambisa General Area and Boko Haram’s settlement in Njimia.
“NAF Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) platforms had previously confirmed that several structures used by the terrorists as meeting points were in the location.
“The air interdiction was conducted by the Alpha Jet and F-7Ni aircraft, which took turns to attack the location with bombs.
“Subsequent Battle Damage Assessment showed that the targeted insurgent’s structures were destroyed as a result of the attacks,” he said.
The spokesman further said that the attacks were designed to further break the will and capability of the insurgents to regroup and continue attacks on communities in the region.
Northeast Nigerian has been devastated by activities of Boko Haram that has lasted for more than 8 years.
Over 2 million people have been made homeless. Some of them are in displaced persons' camps, but the situation in the camp is nothing near what home is like for them.
Watch a video of one of the refugee camps below.