Angry youths have again attacked Gov Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

The youths are angry over Bello’s failure to pay the salaries of civil servants in the state ‎for several months.

The governor was attacked on Thursday in Lokoja, the state capital,  during the commissioning of  a model primary school constructed by the state government.

It was gathered that the security men drafted to Saint Luke Primary School, Adankolo to safeguard the Governor were said to have lost focus by clustering inside the venue of the occasion, leaving outside security porous.

The irate youths, who managed to gain entrance into the venue started throwing pebbles in the direction where the governor and other dignitaries were seated.

What would have resulted to serious attack, was later averted, but not without casualties as the stones flying from all directions hit a man on the head, resulting to serious bleeding.

A few others were also injured in the attack.

The occasion was hurriedly brought to a close and it became a field day for law enforcement agents to make indiscriminate arrest of innocent persons while the wounded were taken to unknown clinics.

Recall that the governor was attacked on August 26, 2016 during Jumaat prayers in Lokoja.

Bello, who was attending prayers at the Lokoja Central Mosque, arrived to the location in a long convoy of state cars including Armoured Personnel Carriers, according to Kogi residents.

The governor reportedly arrived late to the prayers, missing one raqa’at prayer, but was forced from completing his remaining prayers when worshipers inside the mosque began booing and jesting him.

Bello was forced to flee the humiliating scene based on security advice from his aides, according to sources at the scene.

However, when the embattled governor left the mosque he was met by a horde of disgruntled youth who began to pelt stones and castigate him with insults.

The scene erupted when security agents began shooting their weapons into the air to disperse the crowds and firing tear gas canisters at them.

Eyewitnesses disclosed that nearby youths retaliated by throwing the canisters back at the security detail as Mr. Bello cowered from the scene.

Bello was eventually smuggled into his car and whisked away accompanied by his convoy.